Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hypocrisy

Sometimes people have morals. And sometimes people break those morals and look like an idiot.

Generally, in this situation, it takes an outside accomplice to point out your crashed morality, or as I will be referring to it, hypocrisy. Unfortunately for me, I am now this person.

I understand people grow and change minute by minute, but when you forcefully admit your extreme irritation with something on several occasions and then end up doing just that, your life may as well be in shambles.

I have, previously, shared with those closest to me my extreme dislike of people posting constant pictures of their children. Cats are also applied to this scenario. It's not about just one photo that's incredibly adorable. It's about the constant feed of photos that blow up your social networking life. Sure your child is adorable, but I witnessed that 14 photos ago.

However, in the last few months, there are children whose pictures I enjoy. It takes a lot for me to admit this, knowing full well it's the first step toward hypocrisy. Cats, although, are still not applicable.

More importantly, it took an intervention from a loved one to divulge my own mother-obsessiveness. I am now that person who posts constant photos of their dog. I need a moment..

...

Upon this realization of my own backstabbing hypocrisy, I took it upon myself to backtrack and see what kind of damage I did to my own reputation. As of 11:01 pm on January 2, 2013, I've posted 11 photos of my precious puppy. Now, this doesn't seem too terrible. However, these 11 photos have been posted via three different social media platforms. So, if you are a following of all three, I suppose it seems like 33 photos. The real factoid about this problem comes from the amount of photos taken and that's at least 100 stored on my phone and viewed on a regular basis. I understand it's a problem. I'm working my way through it, one cocktail at a time.

Now that this undying weight is lifted from my shoulders, I can go back to work, where I've just looked up the 25 Most Awkward Cat Sleeping Positions.. another hypocritical moment that will be discussed at a later date.

25 Most Awkward Cat Sleeping Positions

Thanks for soundin' down.

..........

catechism ( /ˈkætəkɪzəm/Ancient Greekκατηχισμός from kata = "down" + echein = "to sound", literally "to sound down" (into the ears), is a summary or exposition of doctrine, traditionally used inChristian religious teaching from New Testament times to the present.[1] Catechisms are doctrinal manuals often in the form of questions followed by answers to be memorized, a format that has been used in non-religious or secular contexts as well.