Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bridezilla Diaries

Most of you might know that I enjoy writing. I do it for a hobby, mostly, but I also like to do it, occasionally, when I'm <enter any non-relaxed adjective here>, to get my emotions out. Writing things down helps to clear my head and, quite literally, get things out on paper.

So, as most of you know, I'm a future Mrs. Also, woooooooooooo!!!!!

And, from witnessing others around me go through wedding planning and not being oblivious to it being a stressful thing, I know wedding planning can be challenging.

It's here that I hope Blake and my's demeanor shine through and we plan this thing like two very loved, but very productive bosses. Now, I realize many might do their best to keep their cool, and that it just doesn't happen. So I don't really anticipate the cucumber attitude to reside for the entirety of the planning process.

And, because the aforementioned journaling, if you will, tends to help me clear my head, I started doing just that from the get go. Before I'm even stressed. Just to make it a habit, and hopefully keep the Bridezilla tendencies at bay. So, because I re-read a few, I thought it would be entertaining to share with you.

Ahem.

Bridezilla Diaries


9.09.14

It's officially four days into our engagement. Woooo! You now how many people have asked about a date already? Too many. 

I'm sure every bride goes into some sort of personal mantra in he beginning, claiming they won't be a Bridezilla, but, come on, it's inevitable, right? The question asking thing already isn't helping.

The problem with telling people that you are taking these few weeks to enjoy being a Feyoncé like Beyoncé, is that the questions they ask about planning - the questions you scoff at and brush off - start haunting you and taking over your brain, like the creepy plants from that shit movie, The Ruins.

So, here I am, four days in, thinking about colors, dates, parties, venues, dresses, and all I really want to do is get wine drunk.

Cheers!

9.10.14

Today my mom called to ask about a date and location. We're five days in..

We made a few very vague decisions. It's going to be in the US, anytime from fall of 2015 to potentially summer of 2016. That's narrowed down right?

P.S. I checked. October 21, 2015 - The day Marty McFly travels to in the future - it's not a weekend. Sad.

Anyway, I spent the morning pretending to work, but looked at wedding venues instead. (Reference plant thing that takes over brain from shit movie, The Ruins.)

I found one I really like and in Feyoncé's words, "hip as f*ck." And this is just wonderful news, seeing as I we don't have a date, location, or budget established.

      // In the actual journal entry, the "we" in the sentence "seeing as we don't have a date," started as I, is crossed out, and fixed. //

I need to make sure I don't continue to reference I and me and my, as it takes two to get married. I have to remember that Blake gets to pretend like he makes decisions too.

Cheers!

9.30.14

Hey there! Wedding plans are moving right along! Just kidding, we don't have shit for plans.

We're waiting to hear about prices on a few things about getting hitched in Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. (sorry, redacted.) 

In the meantime, we're having a pretty kickass time celebrating with our friends and family. Not to mention getting to ask people to be a part of our day.

My mom bought me the book, The Broke Ass Bride's Wedding Guide. Not only is it helpful, but I feel like future me wrote it, because she is hilarious, and, obviously, highly intelligent.

I'm also, secretly, praying I'll find buried treasure so we can buy ridiculous things for this wedding. I think I want glass slippers and a zebra there. 

Lastly and most importantly, I discovered my new initials will be CEO, like a boss!

Cheers!

..........

Thanks for soundin' down.